Hi! I'm Chase
Bachelors of Science
Computer Science, Western Michigan University
💼 Work Experience
Aug 2022 -> Present
Software Engineer - Indeed Recruiter Extension
Level Data Inc.
Apr 2021 -> Aug 2022
Software Engineer II
- Pioneered a data validation platform for k-12 school districts to keep data clean for state reporting.
- Containerized webpack bundle, backend API, and batch processing jobs using Docker, and JFrog artifactory.
- Researched, configured, and deployed Keycloak authentication to Kuberenetes.
- Incorporated multi-tenant authentication and authorization using Keycloak and Express routes on within NodeJS.
- Built Role Base Access Control within the platform, allowing district admins to delegate permissions as needed.
- Configured and setup automated deployments (CI/CD) using SnakeCI and automatic publishing of new versions.
Level Data Inc.
Dec 2018 -> Apr 2021
- Maintained library with thousands of scheduled jobs depending on it.
- Assisted data integration for school districts around the world with ‘connectors’ (E.T.L)
- Worked closely with school representatives and maintained project deadlines.
- Designed and implemented an error monitoring web portal using SpringBoot to save workers 100+ hours.
- Created new integrations to obtain data from a variety of different source locations including using Rest APIs, executable files, and web scraping.
Feb 2016 - Dec 2018
- 3+ years of experience of using Java
- Supported a network with 100+ active users
- Implemented ideas into our codebase brought to attention from users and staff
Dec 2017 - Mar 2018
- Facilitated a large amount of Cloud, Server and Client interaction using Netty
- Acquired a larger grasp of OpenGL using the Java library
Sep 2015 - Feb 2016
- Refactored and rewrote the existing codebase using Java to be maintainable and efficient.
- Used MongoDB and SQL to seek an effective database system for the network's large influx of queries.
Inventories.gg has been the most complete and feature full project I've worked on since gaining as much experience in React. It is a Minecraft inventory viewer for any server who wants to display their players inventories for others to see. Technlogies include Material-UI, MongoDB, React and NextJS. Authentication is using OAuth handled by Clerk.dev
Godot Kart is a Mario Kart inspired multiplayer Kart racing game built using the Godot Engine. After discovering someone made a single player demo of the game, I took lead on building the multiplayer behind the game which includes all client interpolation, a master game server browser, and the game servers.
Hashmap.me was my implementation of simplifying the ability to persist data between restarts for an application. Anytime a developer wants to begin a project they will begin by storing data into their applications memory. This aims to allow developers to simply upload thier cache through HTTP and then on startup pull that cache back down.
Chasebin is a simple project to help boost my familiarity with NextJS and React. It is a code formatter that can generate links that are parseable client side only. The code snippet gets converted to Bytes using LZMA and then converts each byte to BASE64 and appends this to the URL, along with the selected language formatting selected.